Monday, March 17, 2008

I just have to say, I hate it that marriage seems to be the point of life for religions. It's not that I don't love marriage and think it's amazing and a really great thing in life-I just don't think that I was put on this earth for the sole purpose of being a wife. I do think I am here to have relationships with people, everyone around me, which may mean a husband, and children. But I don't think that's the one thing I should live for.

And on another religious note, I really don't appreciate being manipulated. And I don't appreciate telling someone I disagree with someone, and by the end of the conversation they go "Ok, so we all agree" when I flat out said, "I disagree" the entire time.

Dan and I were just talking about churches who claim "to have the truth" and spend more time telling other people how right they are without learning anything ever again. They think the point is to make sure everyone is believing like them, instead of constantly looking at the Bible and seeing new things God has for us to learn. Seeing as how we can't learn everything, and there's no way for us to be 100% correct, shouldn't we just trust that God has it figured out, do what we can, believe what we feel God has led us to, and let it go from there? Especially since, we can never PROVE anything.

No comments: