Thursday, August 14, 2008

A night of climbing

Unfortunately I forgot my camera last night when I went on a little adventure with my brother Rhane and Dan. Rhane has been leading a climbing camp all summer so he is amazing and Dan and I haven't done a single thing (partly to save money, partly because I am lazy). Anyways, we drove down to The Crux and climbed. It's not incredibly expensive, but gas plus climbing adds up, however, for a good gym it's totally worth it (OSU gym is packed, hot, and I always manage to run into one snobby climber, however the last is true of almost everywhere). I'm not sure the price was worth it for me considering I haven't climbed since January (on account of being lazy, being poor, and a broken toe a few months back). I climbed very little and my back wants to cave in on itself and every so often I move my arm and it wants to fall off. Plus I managed to knee a small hold rather hard which has given me a bit of a limp. After the gym closed at 10pm, they decided they wanted to try LD at the Columns. So they climbed in the dark with their headlamps until 11:20 and then we drove home.

Unfortunately I missed some amazing night climbing pictures because I forgot to bring my camera. Such is life. Either way, tonight I'm going to get some sleep, clean my house, and play with my dogs. It should be a good night.

No comments: